Monday, December 15, 2008

Zoofari Fun...

So last Thursday we decided to take the boys to Zoo Lights at Hogle Zoo. I had heard earlier on the radio that if you go on Thursday you get in for $3 instead of $6.00 (and I am all for saving money right now). My sister Alyssa went with us as well because earlier that day we had gone to lunch and then set up my mom's christmas tree. The boys love it when any of our family can go with us anywhere. We invited 'The Martin's' to go with us but they were not able to go and this was the only time I could go with my new work schedule starting this week (YUCK). We missed having them there with us. We got down there at about six. There wasn't too many people so it was nice. It was FREEZING cold. Even though it hadn't snowed yet you have that lovely canyon breeze all the time so it was really cold. It was a fun experience. I think Dane would have enjoyed it more if there were more animals out. The only animals that were out to look at were some of the cats and some monkeys. There were a lot of lights and it was very cool. I hope that every year they add more and more lights and maybe we can make it a new family tradition.

This was at the front entrance of the Zoo...


You had to walk through the lions mouth to get into the Asian highlands...

Our family on our Zoofari Express...
So after we froze to death and saw all we could see we went to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner(for those of you who don't know Dane gets very irratable when he is hungry). I don't think I have eaten at the Spaghetti Factory since the night that Lantz proposed to me. I still get butterflies in my stomach just walking in there. The food was great but the service was not so much. It was a very nice family outing and activity. Thank you Alyssa for coming and spending time with our family.

No comments: