Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree...

Okay, I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! I love everything about Christmas (except for the snow). I love the music, the lights, the decorations, buying things for the kids, and the tree. I love to have the tree up as soon as possible after Thanksgiving (we were a little nervous this year with the new puppy hoping that it wouldn't get chewed up). I set it up on the Sunday after Thanskgiving, Lantz brings the tree up and sets it up but then I take it from there. I am very OCD about fluffing the tree. It takes me a long time to get it where I want it and like it. I had it all fluffed and ready to decorate later that night when Dane got home. As soon as he got home and saw the tree up he wanted to decorate it. So we broke out the Christmas music and the ornaments and away we went.


So Jace put on his ornaments and then just realxed and watched while Dane and I finished!
Our beautiful tree. So every year we take the kids to go get a new ornament. This year Lantz and I were at Wal-Mart and found the perfect ornament for Dane. So the ornament we found has a scene from the movie 'A Christmas Story'. So everybody remember the part where the kid gets his tounge stuck to icy pole outside after being triple dog dared by his friends....? Well that is scene that is on the ornament its the kid with his tounge stuck to the pole.

By now I think you have figured it out but last year our little Dane made the same mistake. We got a call from the school telling us we needed to go pick Dane up because he had stuck his tounge to the baksetball pole. We can at least laugh about it now and Dane is a good sport about it. That ornament will bring laughs to our family for the rest of our lives. We love you Dane.

No comments: