Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Is That O.K. With You???

So Dane had been bugging me for weeks to take him shopping for Christmas so that he could get Jace and Lantz's presents. So last night I took him to the mall to get them. As we were pulling into the mall we couldn't find a place to park (of course, I hate shopping at Christmas time). We drove around forever looking for a spot. Finally I found one that was close to the front (yeah!!) next to a handicap spot. Dane said "are you sure that this one isn't handicapped too?" I asked him if he saw a handicap sign and he said "no, but if it is at least I am with you so we can park here". It was funny. But then the interesting conversation started. He said to me "Well hopefully soon we will be able to park in the purple spot." I said "purple spot? What is the purple spot?" He said "you know the purple one." I asked him what the purple spot was for and all he told me was that he would have to find one and then he could tell me. So I kept kinda pushing asking him what it was for and finally it came out. He put his arm around my waist and in a semi frustrated voice and said "I just want a brother or sister, is that okay with you?" My heart just melted into a puddle of goo. It was the cutest thing I have ever heard. So the purple spot is the parking stall reserved for expectant mothers. Also, for those of you who know Dane he wasn't quite sure about having another brother or sister when we found out we were pregnant earlier this year, it took him a while to be okay with it and when the miscarriage happened he was pretty upset. He has been hinting and saying things for awhile about this. Yes Dane it is OK with me. I told him we are trying our hardest to do that. Hopefully we can make Dane's wish come true soon!!

No comments: