Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Celine At Last!!!!!!

Okay so it's November 2007 and I am frantically on ticketmaster trying to get Celine Dion tickets for her concert that was set for November 22, 2008. Yeah that's right I had to buy tickets a year in advance. So I finally get through and got 2 tickets for me and Lantz and another 2 tickets for Lantz's parents. Unfortunately they no longer had 4 seats together so we couldn't get tickets next to one another. I have been waiting my whole life to see Celine in concert so I was ecstatic (even though I had to wait a whole year to go). So 2008 comes and goes and its about two weeks or so I receive an e-mail saying that they have had to postpone the concert because Celine was sick and couldn't sing and that they had rescheduled it for February 22, 2009 (which by the way was a Sunday and made lots of people upset). Are you freaking kidding me?? I really have to wait that much longer (you would think that since I had waited a year I could wait a few more months!). So finally after what seemed like forever the day finally arrived. We got all dressed up and drove down to Salt Lake with Lantz's mom and dad. We were going to eat at Crown Burger and make a date night out of it (and if you eat at Crown Burger you get to park there for FREE!!). Well what do you know, we get there and Crown Burger is closed on Sunday (what do they think we live in Utah or something?) So we decided we would just park and then walk into the gateway and grab something there to eat. However, everywhere that was open had at least an hour wait and that would make us late for the concert. So for our fun date night we ended up at McDonalds in the food court at the Gateway (which we still stood in line for almost 20 min to order and they were running out of food!). So after our romantic dinner we hiked back to the Energy Solutions Arena and found our seats. Finally I was there and this was really going to happen! I was so excited. Celine finally came out and put on the BEST concert I have ever been too. I can't even put into words to describe just how amazing it was! I wanted to jump in the car and drive to Colorado because that is where she was going to be the next night. I can't wait for her to come again in concert, you can bet I will be the first in line for tickets.I had such a wonderful night. I want to thank Lantz for going with me and Lantz's parents for coming too. It was a great night. I also want to thank my parents for watching the boys so we could go. We love you all!

2 comments:

Cami said...

I am so JEALOUS!! I wanted to go bad. Glad you had fun!

The Coach and his Wife said...

Yeah another blogger friend! I dont know the title of mine so you will have to click on me to get there! OH this made me want to go to another concert! I LOVED CELINE! it was awesome!