Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Eve...

This year for New Year's Eve we just had a small party at my parent's house. There was Lantz and I, my parents, my brother and his girlfriend, my sister Shelby and her friend J.J. and my adopted sister and Shelby's bff Kari. Lantz's parents were going to come as well but Lantz's dad was not feeling well. We did miss them. We also missed having the Martin's there (we didn't know that they had other friends). It was really fun. Lantz and I took our Wii Fit that Jace got for Christmas and played that with everyone. It was hilarious! Two of the funniest things I have seen was my dad doing the hula hoop and my mom doing the soccer ball heading. Those are now two images that I will never forget. After playing that for a while we played a couple of games. It was a really fun night. Oh yeah and don't forget that we had Mama Mia playing in the background. At midnight we lit of a few small fireworks and the new year started. All I can say is goodbye and good riddance 2008 you will not be missed. Hello 2009! I was thinking of some resolutions (even though I am not very good at them). I came across this quote (which I am using for my quote of the week as well. "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing." ~Abraham Lincoln. So my resolution this year is to succeed in many things including work, being a wife and mother. I know it may take years to do this but now is better than never. I am looking forward to a new year and a better year than last. I hope that everybody has a divine 2009.

No comments: