Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Field Trip Day...

So last week I had the privilege of going with Dane on his field trip to Kennecott Copper Mine. I have lived in Utah my whole life and have never been there (I know not very Utahan). When Dane brought home the paper for the field trip he asked if I could get off work to come with them. Then the next question was "can Grandma and Aunt Alyssa come too?" (For those of you who don't know Alyssa is my sister and this Grandma was my mom). So just like a good Grandma she arranged her schedule to go with us. Alyssa who goes to college at Utah State drove home to go with us on the field trip (such a good Aunt). When I told Dane that they were both coming he was so excited he told everyone. So we met early in the morning and followed the bus all the way out to Kennecott...or we were supposed to follow the bus. K so I am a very impatient person and didn't want to follow the bus the whole way down (why do 65 mph on the freeway when you can easily go 80 without getting caught?) So I followed another group of mom's cause they knew how to get there and I didn't. So when we got down to 90th south we pulled off the side of the road and waited for the bus...or so we thought we were waiting for the bus. We waited for about 10-15 min and no bus. So we drove up to the gate and the 'friendly' gate man told us that the bus was already there (next time I will learn patience and follow the bus!) So when we got the visitor center the kids were in a movie so we waited until the movie was over and the kids came out. The first thing Dane said was "so you finally made it?" Well come to find out the bus driver knew a short cut to the mine. So after that we got to spend time in the gift shop, visitor center, and looking at the mine.


It was really dusty that day so we had a hard time seeing the bottom


Dane and Alyssa

Me and Dane
Me, Dane, and Grandma (next time we won't let Alyssa take the pictures!) This is the big tires that they put on the giant dumptrucks. They are huge!



It was a really fun fieldtrip. Thank you Mom and Alyssa for coming with us.

No comments: